Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2018

When God Whispers- One of the 99

If you feel lost today...

What do you think? If a man owns a hundred sheep, and one of them wanders away, will he not leave the ninety-nine on the hills and go to look for the one that wandered off?  And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off. In the same way, your Father in heaven is not willing that any of these little ones should perish."

NIV Matthew 18: 12-14

Beside Still Waters by Greg Olsen
You WILL be found...He will leave the 99 to find the one that has wandered off...YOU...WE...I am that precious to the Father...His search is tireless.  You can not run or hide...He will find you and bring you back to the flock.

There is HOPE in this verse....even when we find ourselves running....escaping from ourselves...the lives we have created by filling holes with people and things of the flesh. 

Long ago during one of the many "prodigal journeys" of my life, a woman whom I had met at a conference and hardly known for 24-hours came to me saying that God had spoken to her during her prayer time. God had laid His message for me upon her heart so strongly that she had to relay it even though we didn't know each other well.  She apologized for being so bold but proceeded to tell me things she could never have known about my family, marriage and recent bad decisions I had made. She then warned me to stop what I was doing as it would destroy my marriage and family, and if I continued I would not be able to retrieve the relationships ever again. This woman then told me I was one of the 99 and God knew that I was lost and running. She told me to stop running. We can never outrun the Almighty because we are His children. The Shepherd will always search until He finds us and will carry us back to the flock even if we don't want to return. This woman stopped me in my tracks. I was amazed. 

How could she have known? 
How could she have guessed the details?
God does see and know everything.
We can not fool or outrun Him.

I tried.

I am blessed that He found me and dragged me back to the flock. I am blessed that this woman, who to this day I do not remember her name, heard the Father and relayed His message of hope to me. No other person could have delivered it. I would have ignored anyone that I knew personally. It was the only way I would have believed...to have a stranger know my most secret sins and tell me that God saw them and it was time to stop. 

I did listen. 
I did stop.
I changed that day because I truly saw God save me from myself.


If you need encouragement, prayer, please reach out here at the website. 

Do you have a "When God Whispers" story?  Please share it with us and you could be published on our new website called "When God Whispers" and possibly be included in a "When God Whispers" a compilation of stories. More details are forthcoming. Message us here.

No comments:

BRAND NEW Mort Fertel Program

ChangeSOS

AWEsome Store